DISCLAIMER/ POLICIES AND IMPORTANT PROPERTY INFORMATION
CRYSTAL BEACH CABANAS
Thank you for choosing CRYSTAL BEACH CABANAS! Here are some things you should know so please take the time to read these (we are very strict on all policies).
1. Payment must be made in full 14 days prior to arrival. Full refund if cancelled 14 days or more prior to arrival date. No refund for any cancellations made within 13 days of reserved check-in date.
Crystal Beach Cabanas does not offer refunds or discounts or "rain checks" in the event of a hurricane or inclement weather. All concerns are addressed on a case by case basis. We suggest and recommend you obtain travel insurance prior to your arrival.
2. NO GLASS BOTTLES ON PROPERTY
3. For the safety of all, no bare feet on property. Hooks, buried Ike debris, and other such hazards may be present. Dispose of hooks and unused fishing line responsibly.
4. No swimming allowed. There is no lifeguard on duty/ DO NOT GO INTO THE WATER.
5. Life jackets are provided for boat use and must be worn by all people while on the boats or on your own personal watercraft in the water. This applies to everyone. Always, regardless of age or experience. This is not negotiable. There is zero tolerance.
6. All paying guests have access to the use of items on the property such as boats, crab traps, tables and chairs, fire pits, grills, etc. No one has exclusive use of any of the items on the property except the contents of the accommodation that the group rented. Sharing and intermingling between guests is encouraged!
7. Absolutely no tents allowed.
8. All pets are the sole responsibility of the people that brought them to the property or the renter. Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their animals outdoors, and may be financially liable for any damages or injuries created by the animals. If you are not sure if your pet needs a kennel, bring a kennel! It is solely the guest's responsibility to REMOVE ALL ANIMAL HAIR FROM ACCOMMODATION.
9. We do allow for guests to use the property to host weddings, reunions, and other such get togethers with PRIOR NOTIFICATION AND A SMALL VENUE CHARGE; HOWEVER, as a courtesy to other guests of the property, non staying or outside visitors may visit between 11am- 5pm. The maximum number of 4 outside visitors per rental accommodation per day UNLESS specifically arranged with CRYSTAL BEACH CABANAS staff. We do NOT like surprises.
Larger groups or gatherings may require a port-o-potty to be paid for by the guest hosting the party. Crystal Beach Cabanas does not provide party supplies, only the environment for the festivities.
10. All music volume must be turned to a quiet level after 10pm weekdays and 11pm weekends.
11. Do not disrespect the property, the other guests or the owners. (i.e. littering, open rudeness, or failure to follow specific instructions given by the owners/manager, respectively)
12. The renter is responsible for their guests, their accommodation and items within as well as areas of the property used by the renter or their group.. If you or your group break something, replace it. If you or your group use something, put it back. If you or your group make a mess, clean it. We do not charge up front cleaning or damage or pet deposits to keep the rental rates affordable. Guests are responsible for cleaning and maintaining working conditions of their accommodations and the property. FAILURE TO NOTIFY THE OWNERS OR STAFF IMMEDIATELY OF ANY DAMAGES PRIOR TO YOUR DEPARTURE WILL RESULT IN YOU BEING LIABLE FOR THOSE DAMAGES. Guests may be financially liable, at the discretion of Crystal Beach Cabanas, for cleaning or damages beyond reasonable usage.
13. No smoking inside the Campers or Cabanas. Do not throw cigarette butts on the ground. All litter is to be disposed of in the trash cans or dumpster provided. Littering is a serious offense as it promotes pests and vermin, unsafe common areas, hazardous to natural wildlife and fauna, and is an eyesore to other guests.
14. AT CHECKOUT, MAKE SURE THE ACCOMMODATION IS CLEAN AND ORDERLY AS YOU RECEIVED IT. Expectations and instructions are printed in each accommodation. Simply put, if you leave us a mess to clean up or you failed to follow the checkout cleaning list, you will not be able to return.
15. Laundry room is for property use only.
WE ARE VERY STRICT ON ALL FISHING AND CRABBING POLICIES, WRITTEN, POSTED, OR VERBAL. THERE IS ZERO TOLERANCE. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE, IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT A REFUND.
16. All fishing and crabbing laws set by the state of Texas are to be followed and are strictly enforced IN ADDITION TO rules posted or communicated from owners to guests! DO NOT KEEP UNDERSIZED CRAB OR FISH!
a) ALL FEMALE CRABS, DISTINGUISHED BY ORANGE CLAWS, WITH OR WITHOUT EGGS, MUST BE THROWN BACK INTO THE LAKE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
b) THE KEEPER SIZE FOR MALE CRABS IS 6.5 INCHES TIP TO TIP or LARGER. You are limited to what you and your group may reasonable eat WHILE HERE.
c) NO CRAB MAY BE REMOVED FROM THE PROPERTY. This includes cooked crab, in whole or separated. If you would like your non attending friends and families to enjoy a crab dinner, please refer them to the "Contact Us" page on this site or have them call/ message us. We will show them where you caught yours.
Do not over fish/ over crab the lake because we want everyone to experience everything that the lake has to offer and the contents of the lake are of a limited supply. Catch limits vary based on season and availability and are subject to change without notice.
Further, we do almost everything based on common courtesy. We do not allow theft of crabs inside crab traps set by others.
We encourage you to crab and fish and enjoy what Crystal Beach Cabanas has to offer; however, due to the limited supplies based on the size of the lake, we do not allow over fishing/ over crabbing to stock your fridge at home. This is not that kind of place. Catch limits are based on a reasonable amount that you and your guests would consume during your stay AND the sustainability of the lake. Currently we are "catch and release" on all fish due to the drought we have been experiencing as well as over fishing.
If you are looking to stock your home with fish and crab, just ask Oneal, he will be glad to tell you the spots in the immediate area where the fish and crab are plentiful and what bait to use there.
17. Boat usage is an amenity that comes with your rental. There is a $50 up-front, refundable boat deposit required prior to use (provided the boat was not sunk or damaged or left on the other side of the lake for me to retrieve)AND all guests and their visitors that will be on the boat must attend a quick but informative boat safety class AND a liability waiver (Boat contract addendum) must be signed by the guest/ representative that completed the booking process with Jeanne (waiver applies to the guests and visitors of the guest).
Guests that opt to use their own personal watercraft (i.e. kayaks, canoes, or any other type approved by Oneal for use on our lake) are subject to the BOAT SAFETY CLASS and THE LIABILITY WAIVER, must wear a life jacket at all times, and are responsible for their own safety and equipment and agree to release CRYSTAL BEACH CABANAS of and liability.
By making payment, whether partial or in whole, you and your group agree to follow the aforementioned written policies, boat addendum, and any policies given verbally or in writing by the owners during your stay. Failure by you or your guests to abide by any of these policies may be subject to being asked to leave or removed from the property with no refund. You authorize the owners of Crystal Beach Cabanas to charge for damages you or your group incurred during your stay and agree to immediately pay any cleaning or damage charges. You agree to not hold Crystal Beach Cabanas or its owners liable for any injuries up to and including death to either the renter or anyone in their group (including pests), regardless of fault.